July 30, 2011

Zbigniew Reszka - II, III & IV

Zbigniew Reszka is a Polish photographer whose principal visual obsession (I could say "interest" but I assume obsession) is female bodies so it is one common point with me. But, it is one of the rare photographers to write with talent the foundations of his art. "My photography is the result of fascination of women’s body. Body not necessarily beautiful in agreement with common done canons. The more imperfect body is more fascinating for me. I incite my models to reveal their dreams and obsessions they even don’t realize. After session suddenly they begin to have consciousness of their own power and independence. They are not skivvies, scrub women and mascots of their male partners any more. I like strong women who resist to the mental and physical power. On my pictures they dominate themselves by their image. The men begin to feel the distance or even fear in front of them. I like it. It is a specific psychotherapy for me and for my models. Psychotherapy for their complexes, and for me waking real my dreams of them". Any other word would be useless. His gallery here. Don't forget to click on pictures to see them full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment