August 15, 2011

Various - Assumption of Mary day











Here are 4 images I found (interesting since there are much more on a free, and sometimes blasphemic, interpretation of the Virgin Mary legend, but they are visually poor) to celebrate assumption of Virgin Mary day. Assumption is said to be the bodily translation of an individual, either living or dead, from earth to heaven. Fine but sorry I don't believe it (I wish I could). The hyperdulia (cult to Virgin Mary) is something I find rather ambiguous in Christianism. On one hand, it's a way to have a woman to adore in religion, and it's not so frequent. On the other hand, the fact that she was said to be a virgin mother is a way to make of sex a disgusting sin and it's a crime, if not against humanity, at least against physiology and it has surely made of the next 2,000 years a sinister tunnel of frustration and sick relation with our sexuality. Since most religions had this restrictive approach of sex, there was surely a sort of justification (or a wrong solution to a real problem), but honestly, it would be time to get out of it as soon as possible. The problem is how not to fall in exploitation, objectisation and sex slavery of women in need of money to live or believing that they do it because they like it when they are conditioned that way. Stop me if you heard this one before.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED THIS BLOG. THE BEST THAN I SEE. ME FROM BRAZIL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete