November 10, 2011

Bastien Lecouffe-Deharme - Various

Long time ago I posted 3 images (the 3 first ones) under the name (tag) of B. and wrote that I didn't know where I'd found them and who was the photographer. Shame on me, it's a rather known French artist now living in the USA (Ohio) and named Bastien Lecouffe-Deharme. Born 30 years ago, he has done a lot of illustrations for various supports. This selection (among which are the images I had posted but I've now removed this ignorant post) shows the part of his work I appreciate the most, being quite unsensitive to science-fiction or thriller universe (specially post-Tarentino one who bores me to death), his usual inspiration. There is in these ones something of the Spilliaert and Rops symbolistic reminiscences (but also Klimt or Füssli and more recently Moebius) that makes them a pure visual enchantment. You can explore more of his work here. PS. The name of the first picture (my fave) is the same that the name of the author's wife, so maybe it's her, and so it's once again a way to be in direct filiation with the old ancients.

No comments:

Post a Comment