December 1, 2011

Andrew V Pashis - Home is where love is

Being ejected from my flat in 6 months, I measure the importance to have a place to be, and if this place is not a lonely one, it's still better. An opportunity to post a new series from this fantastic Russian photographer from whom I had previously posted some B&W pictures. This selection is still stronger and I got more in stock that I'll post in further weeks. His site is here. I hope he got the recognition he deserves in Russia. His view on popular domestic life is rather crude for a politically correct thinking occidental, but I don't see so much life in occidental photography, even in the best ones, than in these ones. Once again, this damned need we have to do art, to determine a style rather than to catch the truth of the moment. Here the poetry of the body is not produced by an artistic strategy but by the accuracy of the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment