June 15, 2012

Jessicka Viscera - The hell of herself

Jessicka Viscera, this young lady from New Zealand (see previous posts here) seems to travel through a bad period these days, leaving her in hospital after self mutilation and self destruction attempts. At least it seems, if I judge by her blog (here and in the column next to the post one). She provides pictures of this descent to the hell of herself, to paraphrase the splendid Bukowski sentence fronting her blog, and this is a series of them. They have an intimacy quality you don't find everywhere. I hope she will go through and find some strenght in herself to pursue her artistic career. We need people like her.


  1. Hey it's Jess here - the artist you posted on here. I just want to say again a massive thank you to you for your support... It really does mean a lot to me.

    I'd like to offer you a painting, for free, as a token of my appreciation. You truly get me and what I'm trying to communicate through my images. This means more to me than I can express.

    If you're interested could you email me at: pixen_nz@yahoo.com.au

    Thank you again,

    Jess xx

  2. Thank you for your nice comment Jessicka. I'm always a little embarrassed to accept anything from artists I post since I'm only here to draw attention on them and not to benefit from this mission. But I'll write to you to discuss a little more about it, at least by "courtoisie". The important is that your work, so intensely based on your own innerself, receives the interest it deserves.
    Take care of yourself

    1. Honestly it would be my pleasure but it would be nice to converse with you either way :)

  3. Just for info, I wrote to you some days ago.