July 18, 2012

Marc Paeps - Waiting For Beckett

Marc Paeps is a Belgium photographer who has now a solid reputation in advertising, but strangely he succeeds in making this task not infamous, not only because he often works for good causes (samusocial, reporters without frontiers...) but also cos' he's always novative and trangressive. But he uses too much digital manipulations for me. So, when I saw what he does when he works for himself, I was really surprised. And particularily with this weird and sick series called Waiting For Beckett. Sometimes we feel that these pictures are movie shots and it's like the movie could be seen somewhere. Maybe it is I don't know. But what's sure is that the atmosphere is bleak and smells death and apocalypse. One of the most unsane I ever saw. His site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment