September 3, 2012

Jessicka Viscera - The Claw

When I'm feeling bad (and the devil knows I certainly feel this ways these days), I always find in Jessicka Viscera's photographies the accurate visual equivalent of my inner state. Not that I would not like that she escapes her beast and its claw, but since fighting it provides such a strong imagery of my own sadness and dereliction states, I don't feel exploiting her suffering in using it. I'm sure she's rather glad (don't give this word too much of a joyful semantics) that her work, cos' it is certainly one, is considered as the only relevant in some despair states by other humans on this ugly planet. Her deviantArt gallery here, under the name of Mistress Macabre, and her blog, Ego Runia, there (in the list too on the right of Scoptophilia). Hope we'll get better soon both. Much younger than I am, I actually have greatest hopes for her than for me.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for my neglect in replying to your email. I am useless at these things.

    Truly it upsets me to hear you have been battling your own beast as of late... I hope He leaves you if He hasn't already.

    Please do feel free to email me to converse again if you wish - I miss your words.