March 10, 2013

Shilo McCabe - I masturbate

Shilo McCabe is an American photographer from San Francisco defining herself as a queer feminist and founder of the Sex Positive Photo Project (here). As it is stated on her site (there), "These photo-a-day project were made in celebration of National Masturbation Month and each image included a statement from the subject which completed the phrase "I masturbate..." It is currently being developed into a solo exhibition for the Center for Sex and Culture in San Francisco, May 2013". This is a nice gallery of various people doing a so-common act that so few would admit to do due to the lasting taboo there's about it. Shitting and masturbating seem to be the "I hope nobody imagine me doing it" everybody's phobia in most of current civilisations. Absurd.


  1. Hi! I just wanted to note the first link is to Alfred Hrdlicka's page and not the project you mention.

    Thanks for running this blog, by the way, I am a stupidly big fan.


    1. Oh yes sorry. I was posting on my facebook page a gallery on this great Austrian sculptor drawer and I pasted the wrong link. I change it. Thank for the support. Don't see any stupidity in it. Actually I hope it's not stupid to appreciate it (but I'm not sure :-)