February 20, 2014

Boris Mikhailov - Case History

I was sure I had posted something about this great photographer previously, and tonight I only wanted to update it, due to the bloody events occuring on the Kiev's Maïdan place (Maïdan meaning independance, which is quite dramatic when you see that this conflict is between those who want to be part of Russian's space and those who want to be part of European's one, where's real independance here?). But actually, I hadn't, and the pictures slept in my computer Scoptophilia store. Terrible mistake. Born in 1938, one of his strongest series is the one he realized in 1997-98 and called Case history. He said that it could have been called Clinical file of a disease. You'll know the reason why and much more in clicking here and read his comments about some of the cliches. I don't know what he's thinking about what's happening in Ukraine right now, but that's not the point. This is the opportunity to rectify a guilty omission on this blog. And to share a thought with the victims who left their life on the Maïdan place. Hope things won't go on on this bloody and deadly pathway.

No comments:

Post a Comment