April 23, 2014

Sergey Bykov - Après nous

"I was born in july 1967 in Kuibyshev, Russia and grew up in a small town up in the south of Ural mountains". That's how begins his autobiographical note on this site (here). The rest can be read on the page so no need to write it my way here. What's to remember is that after a long personal uncertainty about his creativity, he met Michael Ackerman whose view on photography deeply influenced and modified his vision of this art. In the pictures I chose for the above series, there is this Russian quality and singularity where people seem so alive (even the dog) when so many occidental photographers, even talented ones, only show metaphorical humans. Maybe I'm not too clear but blame it on my poor English. All in all, I really love these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment