September 19, 2015

Freaks - Promo pictures

Freaks is one of the greatest movie in the history of cinema. It would be too long to explain why but we are many to think the same. And I felt in adoration with this movie as soon as I saw it for the first time, I must have been 12 or 13 years old. I think it deeply changed my way of looking on physical differences more than all the politically correct speeches that poured over my ears in the last 30 years. Although of course the movie raises questions about the status of these disabled actors and the way that are used for their "freaky nature", the result induces a strong empathy for them, maybe more now than at the time the movie was issued (and received in a rather aggressive manner, failing to be the commercial success it was supposed to be when the producer had the initial project and gave it to Todd Browning). Cos' the fact they become criminal avengers is more acceptable now that it was during the code Hays era. Each destiny of the above heros of this movie is interesting and I encourage everyone to go to wikipedia to read them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment