October 28, 2015

Leslie Krims - Various 70's works

When I discovered photography (at the end of the 70's) Leslie Krims became instantly my favorite photographer. I often used his pictures to make fake cover sleeves for singles without any. I can't say I really explored photography until the creation of this blog in 2010, almost 30 years after I left any curiosity for this media. Now, more than 5 years after having viewed an incredibly large amount of pictures and photo-makers, I'm the first surprised to realize that... Leslie Krims is still my favorite photographer. And more specifically his 70's work. Nothing has made on me more impact. Sure Francesca Woodman and Sally Mann are maybe the greatest of all and Jan Saudek a master in his own but Krims' work is still the one I would have dreamt to achieve as a photographer. My previous post about him was miserable, with low quality and size pictures. Now I gathered many with correct (and some excellent) characteristics so it's a sort of historical post with an hommage to my all-time fave photo-artist. Note that often his models are (like Saudek) his relatives (mum, sister, girlfriend). After, his style changed and never reached (for me) these peaks again. To explain why I love so much this ancient work would be too long, and surely I would be short of words in English. And after all who cares? His site here

No comments:

Post a Comment