December 15, 2015

Ciril Jazbec - By the river

Born in Slovenia in 1987, this photographer has recently published a powerful photo-diary in National Geographic about refugees, crossing a Slovenian village (here). One of the first that makes us live this terrible path from horror to humiliation. In the series I chose for this blog, I prefer to stay in tune with its usual center of interest (one day I'll try to provide a more complex statement of its aim than I gave hitherto). So I posted his series called "By the river", in which there is a real mix between ordinary lives and magical moments. Stuck inside our home-solitude, these simples outdoor scenes have something of paradise lost (or never found). Jazbec site here.

1 comment:

  1. These have a flavour of a much older time. I was surprised to see the photographer was born in 1987. Thanks.