February 2, 2017

Dmitry Akimov - Various

































Once again, I must admit I don't know anything about this russian photographer. Based on the pictures of him I found on this site (here), it seems he's in his late fifties. His style could be considered as erotic and rather mainstream (the light is soft and beautiful but I'm fed up with these pefect juvenile female bodies) but some of his series are stronger and more iconoclasts (skull, murder, food, all good tools). It's of course these ones I decided to post here. There's this so singular and exciting body freedom and energy in nudity that we find in russian photography and that we miss so much in our western christian-rooted societies. In these times of prudery, it's a welcome way to visually shout that skin, flesh and body fluids are wonderful and desirables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment